Clear Care software is the chosen EVV application of Sonia Inc that compiles with all state and federal mandates. The Clear Care application will be responsible for collection of the 6 data point elements required by state and federal law.
What is EVV?
E.V.V. stands for Electronic Visit Verification. Electronic Visit Verification is a method used to verify in-home services for consumers. The system will assist in quality service provision and reporting integrity.
What are the 6 data point elements that EVV is required to collect?
The 6 data points are:
- Type of Service
- Individual receiving the service
- Date of Service
- Location of Service
- Individual providing the service
- Begin and end times of service
What state and federal mandates does this software have to comply with?
Clear care is compliant with the 21st Century CURES Act, signed into law in 2016 which requires all states to set up an EVV system and capture the 6 data point elements. To learn more about the mandate, click here to visit the Department of Developmental Service (DDS) website. Link: www.dds.ca.gov/services/evv/
What do I (the Consumer / Consumer family) need to do?
As the first step, consumer families will need to submit an EVV Consent form to Sonia Inc. This form is needed to participate and be in compliance with the EVV mandate.
What do I (the Provider) need to do?
As a Respite Care Provider for Sonia Inc, our training team will be scheduling you very soon for EVV Clear Care Training. This applies to Routine and Preferred providers.
What is the Deadline for mandatory use of the Clear Care Application?
January 1st, 2022
Is Sonia Inc the only company doing EVV?
No, per state and federal mandates all Respite companies in the state of California must be in compliance by January 1st, 2022.
To learn more about EVV and Clear Care,
Watch the video below:
About EVV and Clear Care Video in English
Acerca del video sobre EVV y Clear Care en español
Frequently asked questions
1. Will the app clock me out at the end time I entered when clocking in?
A: No, you will need to open the app and clock out at the time you entered.
2. What will happen if I clock out after the end time I entered?
A: The app will clock you out in real time.
3. Will I be able to log all my hours at the end of the pay period?
A: No, our system registers punches as soon as they are made in real time.
4. Will the agency track my phone’s location?
A: No, the app pins the location only when clocking in and out to verify you are at the client’s home.
5. What do I do if the Login screen states there is a server error?
A: Follow the steps below to navigate troubleshooting in the App:
- Attempt to remove fingerprint login requirement
- Clear Cache / Data for the CC go app (see instructions)
- Check for App updates in your App or Play store
- Re-install the CC Go app
6. When do I begin using the app?
A: You will begin using the app on the first day of the pay period following your app training date. (Ex: If trained 9/11/20 then start the app on 9/16/20)
7. Can I Clock in from home?
A: No, ClearCare Go App verifies your location at time of clock in. Individuals must be within 50 meters of the client’s home to have a successful clock in/clock out.
8. What is my username?
A: It’s the email address registered in our system. This email is usually provided to us during orientation.
9. What do I do if my client is not appearing on the app?
A: If the client(s) is/are not appearing on your app., please contact the Timekeeping Analyst
10. Am I able to review hours worked on previous pay periods?
A: Yes, on the shift screen open the calendar by clicking/dragging the blue line below the dates; this is located at the top of the screen. You will only be able to select any previous shifts that were RECORDED USING THE APP.
11. Will I be notified when I no longer need to turn in paper timecards?
A: Yes, after we have verified 3 successful pay periods, your Timekeeping Analyst will notify you.
12. Do I need to leave the app open after I clock in and create a shift or am I able to exit the app?
A: No, you can close the app after you clock in. Please remember to log back in at the end of your shift to clock out.
13. Can I use another device instead of my phone to use the Clear Care Go App?
A: Yes, any tablet/iPad with internet access will also work well with the app. If location services can be enabled.
14. How do I change my password?
A: Go to your profile in the app and select edit – follow the instructions. *Fingerprint & Facial Verification is recommended
15. Can I go back and adjust my clock in/out?
A: No, you will not be able to adjust times on the app, contact your assigned Timekeeping Analyst to make any adjustments.
16. Why does the app default my shift to be only 1 hour long?
A: The time shown is an estimation of minimum of 1 hour of service. You can edit the END time when clocking in to show your planned time to leave the home.
17. Why does my shift say I worked 25 minutes if it was only 15 minutes?
A: Time is recorded in hours not minutes. This means that any minutes worked will be converted to a decimal number (i.e. 15 min-.25 hours; 30 min =.5hours).”.
18. Does the RCP need to use the app to clock in if they live in the same home as the consumer?
A: Our Agency is making a universal change to digital time keeping. In time, all respite services will be reported digitally. The Federal CURES act does exempt individuals who live in the same home as their consumer from EVV requirements. If you would like to exercise your exemption ability, you may make this known to the respite office and we will proceed accordingly. Your services will not be interrupted as a result of your choice.